Sample and basic principle
One of our customers makes a transaction on an e-commerce website or wants to initiate a transfer.
Throught this API "Initiation de paiement" made available by Banque Populaire, vous can submit a real time payment initiation request.
The connected customer will be questioned by his bank to validate his transaction :
- He identifiates and authenticates himself ;
- Then, he selects his bank account with a sufficient balance for the transaction amount ;
- Finally, the bank seals the transaction after the client has authenticated again to validate the transaction.
You can onlys use this API if your are a Payment Initiation Service Provider ("PISP"), this prerequisite is discribed in "Eligibility" use case.
Once this prerequisite has been completed, global process will be this one :
1- The customer wants to use your services in order to make a transfer, or he selects your services when he is asked by a merchant to pay his purchase on his website. Thru your interfaces, he selects in which Banque Populaire his accounts are domiciliated.
2- During the first exchange with ASPSP's infrastructures, you will have to ask for an auhtorization token. As PISP, you have to get this token BEFORE you can use ressources of the API. This token is generated by the ASPSP AFTER you auhtenticate.
As account manager, we will :
- Verifie your certificates and agreements.
For this API, it's not necessary that we identifiates and authenticates the customer before getting his agreement and generating the access token.
3- If we could check yoir identity and your agreements, you will be able to get the OAUTH2 access token thru a secure exchange with 89C3 API platform (see "Retrieve your access token" use case).
4- By presenting this access token valid only for this transaction, you can then use ressources of the "payment initiation" API in order to :
- Initiate a payment/transfer (see "Send a single payment initiation request" use case) ;
- Retrieve the status of a payment/transfer initiation request (see "Retrieve the status of a payment initiation request") ;
- Cancel a payment/transfer initiation request (see"Cancel a payment request") => this feature will be available in june 2020.
- Confirm a payment/transfer initiation request or a payment/transfer cancellation request (see "Confirm a payment initiation request") => This feature will be implemented with STET standard v188.8.131.52